The Susquehanna Bonsai Club was started in 1980 by a small group of men and women. The club functions to promote the understanding and study of bonsai, a true horticultural art form. SBC hosts many speakers from around the country, sponsors field trips and exhibits to share our art with the public.
The objectives of this association are to:
- Promote knowledge, interest, education, and the enjoyment of bonsai and other living plant materials.
- Assemble and make available information on the history and culture of bonsai.
- Encourage members’ collections and exhibitions of bonsai.
- Develop workshops to assist members in the preparation and care of bonsai.
- Communicate with other bonsai societies through membership in Bonsai Clubs International, to acquaint each with the activities of others, new developments of interest and to share bonsai opportunities and experiences.