The Susquehanna Bonsai Club was started in 1980 by a small group of men and women. The club functions to promote the understanding and study of bonsai, a true horticultural art form. SBC hosts many speakers from around the country, sponsors field trips and exhibits to share our art with the public.
Our mission is to:
- Promote knowledge, interest, education, and the enjoyment of bonsai and other living plant materials.
- Assemble and make available information on the history and culture of bonsai.
- Encourage members’ collections and exhibitions of bonsai.
- Develop workshops to assist members in the preparation and care of bonsai.
- Communicate with other bonsai societies through membership in Bonsai Clubs International, to acquaint each with the activities of others, new developments of interest and to share bonsai opportunities and experiences.